Thursday, July 31, 2008

Competition

In honor of the two photographers who reside in my house (my husband and my son), I've made "G-4 Shutterbug", an advanced-level paper-pieced block. Although it has 29 pieces, it wasn't too hard to make. Very easy to square up to 5 inches. However, if you're new to paper piecing, don't start with this one...

The Tioga County Fair is coming up soon and my son plans to enter a photo again this year. This will be the first year in which he has to compete in the adult division, so the competition will probably be tougher than he's had to deal with in the past. He has won several ribbons in the Junior division, so he's hoping to continue the tradition.

My husband usually enters a photo or two in the fair as well, but has decided not to this year. Good thing, because life in my house might have been difficult if they both had entered and only one won a ribbon...

Gary has had one of his photos win a contest in Wild Bird Magazine (his is the Eastern Bluebird) and he also provides a lot of photos to the Tiadaghton Audubon Society's website. Check them out if you're into birds...

No comments: