Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Learning From Mistakes



Here is another of my DJ blocks -- "H-7 Bennington Star", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block. If I had to do it over again, I would not use the foundation pattern that comes in the software, but instead would re-section the pieces so that the inner part of the star could be paper-pieced in a "square in a square" method. I think that would make for a much better looking center -- there would be less of a chance for unmatching seams.

I'm beginning to think that I may need to make a second DJ quilt so that I can use all of the lessons I've learned from my mistakes in the first one...
...this is truly a disease...

A fellow Laurel Janer sent me a link to some wonderful DJ "bloopers" -- check it out. I don't feel so bad now...

No comments: