Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Block And A Treat

This is "J-2 Picture Perfect", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block.





...and this is a "perfect picture" of what's blooming in my garden right now...



This year, instead of planting mostly vegetables, we decided to try some flowers. I'm quite pleased -- they're doing better than many of the veggies we've tried in the past, although we have had good luck with green and wax beans, potatoes and squash, and...

...blueberries.

The blueberries started to ripen in early July and we have a late-season bush or two still going strong...now if only we could keep the birds out of them....


1 comment:

Barb said...

Anya, another great DJ block ~ now that I am totally envious, I will just continue to enjoy YOUR creativity! Your flowers are beautiful and the blueberries, would be enjoyed by me with milk and sugar in a bowl!