Friday, September 12, 2008

Boiling Point And A Wish For The Youngest Generation

After hearing this ... (among other things)

-- Pressed about what insights into recent Russian actions she gained by living in Alaska, Palin told Charles Gibson of ABC News, "They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."...

...my blood pressure was so high, that I had to go and sew to relax...

I made "K-13 Brandon's Star", another intermediate-level paper-pieced block that wasn't too tough. This is made in honor of my extended family's youngest member, my cousin's 6-month-old son Brandon, whose Russian grandfather's childhood was interrupted by the horrors of war (the real horrors of having bombs dropping out of the sky and having to flee a homeland with almost nothing but the clothing on your back, things that most living Americans have never experienced).

Brandon, I hope you have a chance to grow up in a safer world than we have today and that the leaders of our precious country (the one that welcomed your grandfather with open arms) realize what they are doing when they talk about war as easily as if it was just another hockey tournament....

P.S. I'm afraid it's going to take a lot more sewing...

No comments: