Sunday, October 26, 2008

Did A Bomb Go Off In Here?

This is what my basement quilting studio looked like for most of this weekend as I was deciding on fabric to use for a backing on a child's quilt. I have a lot of odd-shaped pieces that are not quite big enough to use alone as a backing, so I spent way too much valuable time trying to decide on whether I should piece a backing with some of the odd-shaped pieces. Nothing was working right and after deciding that the time that I would need to spend piecing was not worth it, I just picked another fabric that was big enough, even though it was a bit boring. By boring I mean that it was not as kid-friendly as some of the smaller pieces. The front of the quilt is very kid-friendly and I will quilt it with a fun quilting design that will show up on the back.

Now I have to put this fabric away....

2 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

My "studio" looks worse than yours. And I haven't the valid excuse you have!

Barb said...

LOL Anya, that is how my sewing/quilting room looks most of the time! Did you find any hidden treasures? It seems when I go on that kind of search I find fabric that I forgot WHY I had it to begin with :>D! Laughing with you NOT at you! I am sure your quilt backing will be just as great as the front is!