Monday, October 20, 2008

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

I think I've finally gotten myself into the habit of making sure I mirror the patterns for the blocks which require it. Pinwheel blocks (at least in the DJ software) are notorious for spinning the wrong way when paper pieced as set in the software's default setting. I now try to check the "mirror" option even if the block doesn't require it because it does no harm to the "normal" blocks.

This is "M-9 Fan Dance" an intermediate paper-pieced block. The pieces aren't that small, but I think the reason it's labeled as intermediate is because of the fairly large number of seams to be matched. Otherwise, it's fairly easy.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Anya this is just such a pretty block, and you are right LOTS OF SEAMS ~ but beautiful colors in yours!