Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Day Sewing

The storm that brought the terrible icy mess to the central part of the country last Wednesday brought enough snow to this part of Pennsylvania to close schools and make the roads a mess. I had been planning to attend an open sewing session that my guild holds monthly, but I decided not to venture out. I understand that the building was open, but I'm not sure if any guild members showed up.

My plan for that day was to work on a charity project, so I decided to use the time to do it at home instead. I whipped out my serger and made 5 pillowcases which will eventually find their way to some children in need of comfort. All of the fabric came from my guild's donated stash.

I want to take a minute to thank all of you who read my blog and those who take the time to leave comments. I don't often answer in the comment section...I just send individual responses by email. And although I don't always answer all comments, be assured that I do read them all and appreciate you taking the time to write.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Great way to spend your day, and most of all staying safe from the weather! I understand more of the same is on its way...perhaps I will enjoy another day at home this week, and not be in the school office!

Gayle said...

Stay warm...I enjoy your posts. :-)