Friday, August 21, 2009

Almost Forgot


I just realized that I never posted a photo of my DJ sections after this month's gathering of my guild's Laurel Janes. You may remember that I showed the group's various DJ works in progress (one completed) in this post.

So far, I have completed 144 blocks -- there are 72 of them sewn together into sections as shown in today's photo. I plan to sew the top 6 rows together and then the bottom 6 rows together and then I'll put it all together with the middle 13th row. I try to make as many sections as I can that are 3x3 or 3x4 blocks instead of long rows which can get a bit wonky. Can't avoid them completely though.
I guess I'm making some progress...

7 comments:

Joan said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!!

Vicki W said...

It's looking fantastic!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all those bright colors - it is really great. It is amazing how all of these quilts by using different color arrange can look so different.
Karen

Unknown said...

It's beautiful and as Karen noted, looking so different by each person doing this quilt. You are so organized in this endeavour.

Jocelyn said...

Wow so beautiful. What a lovely quilt.

Hunter said...

Wow. Just wow.

Darilyn