Sunday, January 24, 2010

I've Been Thinking...(Scary Thought, Isn't It?)

I certainly hope I didn't leave anyone with the impression after reading my post from Thursday about the Modern Quilt Guild that I don't like the guild that I belong to. Nothing could be further from the truth -- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my guild and all that I have received from it in the 11+ years that I've been a member. It has been a wonderful group to be a part of from its very first meeting in the fall of 1998 and I plan to be a member for many years to come (if they'll have me). I just think that trying and learning new things is something that we all should constantly be doing. My guild has certainly given me many opportunities to do that and I think a branch of the Modern Quilt Guild could do so as well, but in a different way.

Can't have a blog post without a photo, so...could a Modern Quilt Guild help me make this?

It started out like this...Isn't it amazing how computers can help us all become artists?...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, love it!! So I think you should try to draft up the pattern and go for it. Shouldn't be too hard right?? LOL

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

amazing - go for it, such a pretty design.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Susan said...

Wow...that would be one amazing quilt! Are you starting on it now or waiting until your DJ is done?

Vivian said...

I agree with comments above--> Wow! That is one impressive possible project. We'll be watching and cheering if you tackle that beauty.

Diana LaMarre said...

That's beautiful. What program are you playing with?

Rene' said...

Really cool twist on your quilt. Computers are amazing. It's been obvious how much you love your quilt guild. I have enjoyed reading your and Susan's posts about all the things your guild does. I was actually hoping to ask you sometime about those activities to help me with the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild.