Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, A New Block

Happy New Year to all my blogosphere friends! I hope that 2010 brings many enjoyable times to you and your loved ones!

This block just screamed for fussy cutting, so I found the perfect fabric for it. After looking through my old blog posts, I realized I did the same thing with this block more than a year ago.

This is "G-12, Gloriae", an intermediate-level block that I chose to paper piece and use the raw-edge machine buttonhole-stitch applique method. This brings my total to 159 center blocks, with only 10 more of them to go! Then come the dreaded outside triangles...It's going to be quite a year.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Simply gorgeous...but oh the work in the fussy cutting, so maybe not so simple ;>)...another one that I love!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

by fussy cutting it sure changes the appearance of a block - I didn't recognize which block it was at first because it looks so much different than mine because of the fussy cut. Weird isn't it how you had used the same fabric on another and fussy cut that one too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

You are right, the fussy cutting was a terrific idea! It is just beautiful!

Hunter said...

Okay, one of the prettiest I think. That's a tough thing to say since you've made so many beautiful blocks.

Happy New Year, Anya.

Darilyn

Vivian said...

Another lovely block. Re: fussy cutting the same fabric for two blocks -- you knew a good thing when you found it. That flower looks great in both.

Rene' said...

Happy New Year to you as well. Great block. You've done quite a bit. I love this one.