Monday, February 22, 2010

From the Heart(land)

This has already arrived in the recipient's mailbox in Iowa, so I can blog about it now...

It's just a little thank you postcard that I made for my blogging friend Vivian, who blogs over at Quilts and a Mug. Vivian makes all sorts of lovely quilts and is working on a Jane Stickle quilt as well. I thought the postcard colors would go well with some of the fabrics she's using in hers.

Vivian recently held a blogiversary (or is it blogaversary?) giveaway and I was one of the lucky winners. The three great books she sent are full of ideas and inspiration...

If you want to see more postcards like this, just click on the "postcard" label on my blog's sidebar...You can also find a tutorial there...

Thank you so much, Vivian....

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Yes, I did see it on Vivian's blog! Your postcards are just beautiful. What a nice little bloggy win too!!

karenfae said...

I've got one of those books, the Underground Railroad, what is the name of the book with the pineapple squares on the cover.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Susan said...

What a nice prize package! The Amish Circle Quilt book looks very interesting...that could be your next project after your DJ is finished!

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I know she loved it.

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful postcard! Love the books! They all look great, I would like to take a peak inside!

Rene' said...

Anya, I've always loved your selvage postcards. This one is lovely. Great books you received there. The Amish Circle Quilt book looks interesting.

Nanci said...

Lovely post card once again Anya. I have one of your cards which I cherish! It sits at my table where I sew.
Yes, she has a great blog!
I don't generally enter giveaways as I do see a lot of the same people that have won, so I don't have the luck!
they are fun to see though...all those prizes.