Friday, July 23, 2010

Almost There

I've finally finished all 28 blocks for my son's going-off-to-college quilt. Since the dorm beds are extra-long twin-size, I had to make this a bit longer than usual. Things look wonky in the photo because I just pinned the blocks to the design wall, but I'd like to think that when I sew them together, it will be square...

He's decided that he wants just a small black border and binding to frame it (darn...I was hoping he'd want the cool striped fabric that I blogged about here for a bias binding).

Perhaps I'll take my machine out on the deck this weekend and sew the top together...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic! It is too bad he doesn't want that binding, it would finish it off nicely. But black will do well. Sewing outside, you just can't get much better than that!

Rene' said...

Great quilt for your son's dorm room. Love the cool pattern. My son will be starting his senior year soon and I'm already thinking of his ;-) How nice to sew outside without melting....enjoy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will look great with a black border - all that read will certainly brighten up his room.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is certainly one striking quilt Anya! I would think anyone would love to take that to college! Lucky guy.

Millie said...

This is a striking quilt and it will be perfect for your son's dorm room.