Monday, August 1, 2011

Fun Times

I spent a delightful day on Saturday meeting new friends from the Finger Lakes Modern Quilt Guild. You've heard of the Modern Quilt Guild movement, right? If not, go here and read up on it.

Anyway, for those who don't know, the Finger Lakes area of NY is quite large in area, so most of us spent a good part of the day driving...but that's OK because we quilters will go almost anywhere to find fabric and spend time with other quilters.

I met four other FLMQG members at O'Susannah's Quilt Shop in Watkins Glen...


...and then had a lovely lunch with them at the Seneca Lake General Store. Alas, after lunch we had to say goodbye to Sue, the owner of O'Susannah's, but it was great fun seeing her shop and talking quilting at lunch.

After that, we went on to a great show and tell (and wine and cheese) at Pat's house overlooking Cayuga Lake. Pat recently started a quilting blog...click here to check it out and tell her "hi".

Here are some of the highlights from the show and tell.

Pat's quilts made from her stash of fabrics that she inherited from her mother (her mother had great taste in fabric, that's for sure)...



...a pink and brown quilt Sherri is making for her daughter....


,,,and some of Sherri's practice free-motion quilting squares a la Leah Day...


...and we were also delighted to see Desiree's work....



What did I show? Well, a couple of pictures of the quilts that I've given away (see my previous post) and this....


...and this...


 ... and this...


And after all that...since I was in the neighborhood (sort of), I stopped by Ithaca to have lunch with my son! A great way to end a great day!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilts you show - is that your dear Jane on the bottom of your post? lovely!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kristen said...

anya thanks so much for blogging for those of us that missed the fun! I am quite impressed by the show & tell! awesome!

Mama Pea said...

I sure like that quilt with the selvedges on it!

Heather said...

I love show and tell. The tumbler quilt is sweet. I do think that I even have a template for cutting that.