Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Second Helping of Jane This Week


This is "LS2, Barb's Diamond", an intermediate-level triangle which I paper pieced and then added the small diamond using the raw-edge machine-buttonhole stitch applique method.

If I can keep up this pace, my goal is to have the entire top finished by the January 3rd meeting of my Laurel Janes support group. After that, the headache of piecing will be replaced with the headache of adding a scalloped border, machine quilting the entire thing, and then binding a scalloped edge...My heads hurts just thinking about it already!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty purple! Everyone needs some kind of support, especially Dear Jane! I know you can do it!

Pat Merkle said...

Looks lovely! Your doing great, you will make it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

But it is so neat to be close to a finish on this quilt isn't it! My second DJ is still put aside - finished top but not quilted and doubt I will get around to quilting it this coming year either.
Karen

Heather said...

Another wonderful block/triangle. I wonder why there is no interest at my guild in making this quilt? I haven't heard any of the women talk about this quilt let alone thoughts of making it. odd