Friday, June 8, 2012

Almost Forgot



I just realized that I never blogged about this quilt that I finished a few months ago. You may remember I made a table runner using the same fabrics and blogged about it in this post here. The fabrics are (again) leftovers from my Jane Stickle quilt. Both the table runner and this quilt were sewn together using the Jelly Roll Race method, except that I just changed the dimensions to suit my needs. I wanted the strips in the quilt to be vertical rather than horizontal, so I used the formula I found on Wanda's Exuberant Color blog. There's no rhyme or reason to the layout of the strips...I just sewed them together randomly.

Here's a shot of the back...not quite as interesting....


As much as I love batiks, I will be very ready to sew using other fabrics once I'm done with my Jane Stickle quilt! But you won't find me working with Civil War repros or other such fabric...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous use of leftovers!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty colors!
Karen

Nancy said...

Vibrant and fun!

Grit said...

Der Quillt sieht super aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit