Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation



Last summer, my husband and I took a quick trip for a couple of days up to Alexandria Bay, NY, which is in the Thousand Islands area on the U.S./Canada border. While we were there, we took a boat ride over to Singer Castle, which was owned by one of the presidents of Singer Sewing Machine Company (you can read more about Singer Castle on their website).

The castle contains lots of old Singer sewing machines scattered throughout the building. I took a photo of every single one -- I think the other people on the tour were quite puzzled as to why I was more interested in the sewing machines than in what the tour guide was saying. You should be able to click on the above collage photo to see a larger version.

The castle really did have the look of a castle inside....


And here are a couple of shots of the outside....



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is pretty cool!! I would love to visit there!

Kathy P said...

I've been to Alex Bay but have never heard of the Singer Castle - sounds like an excuse to go back again!