Monday, July 8, 2013

Mini-Quilt Challenge -- IMQG


A few weeks ago I blogged about cutting 625 1-inch squares for a challenge in the Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild.

What you see in the photo is the final result -- my own QR code in fabric! (click here to learn what a QR code is)

The whole quilt is 12 1/2 inches square -- the individual squares are 1/2-inch finished...well, they're mostly square.

I took pictures as I went along and plan to blog about the process of making this quilt when I have more time.

Even though the pieces aren't all perfectly square, I've tested this out by scanning it using the Google Goggles app on my tablet and it worked! Cool!

1 comment:

Jean said...

omg, lots of little squares. I think I know what the code is, but what comes up when you scan it? Did you make your own code or copy one for something you love?