Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Another Finish for August

This one looks very similar to the quilt I showed earlier this month (see my post here).

(click on the photos to enlarge)

It's basically made with the same fabrics, except that the white has multi-colored polka dots on it. Again, half-square triangles.

Here's a shot of the pieced back...


And a couple of closeups of the quilting...just random wavy lines...



And another shot taken outdoors...


This quilt is made mostly with fabric that I bought in 2013 and some donated fabric, so I can't say I used up too much of my pre-2013 stash. Only the polka-dot fabric comes from that category -- a measly one yard.

Like the other flannel HST quilt, this one is destined to go to my guild's current outreach project, our local foster children's program.

4 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

This quilt will make some child very happy. It is darling!

Amanda said...

This is really cute! Nice work.

Heather said...

How sneaky using those half square triangles, I wouldn't have known if you didn't tell us. Very pretty.

Vivian said...

Quilting for charity / organizations / guild projects -- that's one of my favorite kinds of quilting. I'm using up fabric I might not otherwise use, I'm having fun making it, and someone is going to appreciate what I make. I don't have to be fussy or perfect. That's a winning proposition for sure.
Lovely quilt!