Thursday, October 3, 2013

On the Prowl in Bennington

Just a few more photos from my trip to Bennington, VT. The quaint motor inn where we stayed. Nothing fancy, but clean and cozy, with better coffee than at the chain hotels...


And, of course, this crazy Russian girl couldn't pass up a chance for a photo op here... (too bad it was closed that day)...


Large cats were on the prowl in downtown Bennington... part of the local "Catamount Prowl". I learned that catamounts are what Vermonters call mountain lions/cougars/pumas/panthers. (When I first saw them, I thought I was back in Pennsylvania -- they look an awful lot like Penn State's Nittany Lions). I didn't take too many pictures of the catamounts because, frankly...how shall I put this...I found most of them to be quite ugly (or should I say, not to my taste). And there were too many of them, too close together.

But this one appealed to me...surprise, surprise...




One of the others...



Here's a YouTube video about their Catamount Prowl...And if you're on Facebook, you can see what all of them look like here. I won't complain too much about how they look since these will be auctioned off to benefit the arts...and that's a good thing.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Nice photos. Glad you did not stay at the Walloomsac Inn on the bend right before the museum. Did you see it? Looks like a Hollywood scary movie could be filmed there! Peeling paint, saggy porches, old, old. I don't think it's an inn... not sure how it's used, but it's a landmark!