Monday, March 10, 2014

Multitasking -- Not!

I guess I can't walk and chew gum at the same time...


...or, at least, I can't gab and sew at the same time.

When I was sewing with friends recently, I thought I had the blocks neatly piled into numbered rows so that I wouldn't mess up the layout, but obviously we must have been talking about something really interesting while I was at the sewing machine because I wound up with two identical blocks next to each other. I didn't notice the mistake while pressing the top or while quilting it, but only after the quilting was all done. Too late to change it...oh, well, it's not a big deal because this isn't a "special" quilt; I just made it because I had leftover fabric from two other tops and because I wanted to try the disappearing four-patch pattern.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always find it amazing when that happens - i do the same thing. I will have pressed and quilted and then take it out of the washer and dryer and shake it out to take a photo and there it is - "how did I do that"!

Sherry said...

You will probably be the only one that sees it! LOL

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

I agree with both comments above-I've done the same thing and I was scrutinizing your photo for a block turned the wrong way or something and didn't notice the same blocks together. Of course, if you're like me every time you look at this quilt your eye will zoom right in on it and you'll have this overwhelming urge to point it out to anyone who is oohing and ahhing over it. what is that?!