Monday, August 4, 2014

Cheering Up


I was in need of some fabric retail therapy last week, so some of my quilting friends and I made a trip to Verna's fabrics in Mifflinburg, PA. I didn't really need any fabric, but I couldn't help myself, so I bought an addition for my striped fabric stash (love those bias striped bindings), a large charm pack (I already have a project in mind for it), and a Moda jelly roll at a great price. Verna also threw in a cup celebrating her 30 years in business (I use the 25-year cup for filling my iron with water).

And, of course, we don't usually make a trip to that area without stopping at the wonderful Lewisburg, PA farmers' market. I came home with a giant head of cabbage larger than a bowling ball (for only $2), juicy cantaloupes (3/$5), sweet peaches (for ice cream sauce), green bell peppers (3/$1), and even a few zucchini. My muscles got a workout carrying everything back to my van, but I think my friend Dori won the prize for carrying half a bushel of beets!

There's nothing better than a fun quilters' day out with dear quilting friends to cheer one up!

1 comment:

slrquilts said...

where and when is the farmer's mkt? We go to Verna's from Carlisle, Pa. What a beautiful area.