Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Two More for March

Going along with my goal of quilting a couple of tops before starting more, I can now add two more quilts to my finished list for March. Both will be donated to a local charity for an auction fundraiser to be held in September.

Here's a Thomas the Train-themed quilt using the Quick Strippie pattern found on maryquilts.com. I've lost count of the number of quilts I've made using this fun, free pattern.

 (click on photos for a larger view)


Here's a closeup of the fabric...


And the backing and binding...



For this Disney princess-themed quilt, I adapted the pattern to work with the fabric pieces I had left over from another project. The print is directional, so I had to make the strips vertical rather than horizontal. The princesses would look funny dancing sideways. It's bad enough that a few are upside-down.


Here's a closeup...


The backing was pieced from leftovers of princess, Minions, and Berenstain Bears fabric...


Two more fun quilts for a good cause!

1 comment:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I like the simplicity of the patterns and I know it will make two children very, very, very happy.
Kelly