Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Putting the "Tree" Away

Since our son moved to California a few years ago, my husband and I no longer put up a big tree for the holidays. But since we didn't want the house to be completely undecorated, I made a small wall hanging that is now our "tree". It takes up much less space than our old trees did, and is so easy to deal with. It goes up and comes down in a flash.

I didn't use a pattern, just a photo of something similar that I used as an inspiration. The half-square triangles were all made from scraps of Christmas fabric that I've had for years.

approx. 20" x 23"

And since I had a few HSTs left over, I made a hot pad for the season...



1 comment:

Sara said...

The wall hanging is adorable. I still put up a tree this year even though non of the kids or grandkids would be here. Guess it's for me!