Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Month Has Flown By

I can't believe that it is time again for the monthly meeting of the Laurel Janes. I have a block ready for some applique work that I will take with me to the meeting. Maybe I'll finish it today, maybe not.

In the meantime, here is "K-10 Quandry" (yes, that is how it is spelled in the software), an intermediate-level paper-pieced block. I'm glad I found the Dear Baby Jane blog so I can get hints from someone who is actually making the blocks. That's where I was reminded to print out a mirror image for paper piecing if I wanted my block to look like Jane's. The author of this blog does a wonderful job showing the steps in how she makes her DJ blocks. She doesn't always follow the directions in the software, but finds what works best for her. I highly recommend the blog to anyone who is working on the DJ blocks.

No comments: