Friday, March 10, 2017

A Finish From Mid-2016

 I just realized that I never blogged about this finished small wallhanging that I made last summer.

(click on the photos for a larger view)

It's made with a simple fabric weaving technique that a friend of mine taught me. There's no piecing involved, and the seams are just sewn down using a decorative stitch on the raw edges of fabric.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with this piece once it was done, but then I realized that I had accumulated a lot of pins from the various quilt shows I've attended over the years, and this would make a great way to display them.

Here's a closeup...

batik strips from my stash

And another shot that shows some of the pins a bit better...

Now it's hanging on the wall behind my trusty Bernina...