Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friends and Fabric...What Could Be Better?

I think everyone who attended yesterday's mini-retreat agrees that it was a great way to spend a Saturday. Many projects were either completed or well on the way to being completed. We had tablerunners, baby quilts, bags, hot pads, and I managed to whip up 10 Christmas pillowcases for the young grandchildren and great-nieces and nephews on my husband's side of the family. I think you can tell by all the smiles that we really enjoyed ourselves, even with all the troubling things happening in our world. Some of us may be having financial or health issues and some may just be worried about the state of things, but yesterday gave us a chance to forget about the negatives and concentrate on the positives. Great weather, great friends, and great fabric!
I can't wait until we do this again...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Anya, you are right "Friends and Fabric = perfect combo! Looks like you had a fun group together! Three years ago I made pillowcases for my grandchildren for Christmas gifts, I used fabrics that depicted their interests ~ they loved them, probably the most popular gifts that Christmas ;>)!! I see them on their pillows constantly ~ maybe new ones are in order soon!