Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Snow Yet

Although this is "L-2 Stephanie's Snowflake", it certainly didn't feel like snow when I was working on it. I think the temperature was in the low 70s yesterday and today is supposed to be warm as well. The fall colors in this part of Pennsylvania are especially brilliant this year due to the great weather we've had -- bright sunny days with cool nights. We do need some more rain, so I hope we'll get it once the leaves come down.

If you look closely, you'll see that I sewed the outside triangle sections in the wrong order -- that's why the strips are a tad too short in the center of all four edges. That will easily be taken care of once I sew the block to the sashing.

The software labeled this as an advanced-level block, but I didn't think it was too hard. So far I think I've finished 7 of the 26 advanced-level center blocks. I suspect a good number of the rest are applique blocks...bummer.
P.S. I want to thank quilt designer Patrick Lose for leaving a comment on yesterday's post. It's nice to see that designers are interested in how quilters use their patterns.

No comments: