Monday, October 27, 2008

The Y-Seams Bugged Me

This is "E-4 Buffalo Tree Hopper", an intermediate-level paper-pieced block. This block requires more attention and care than the previous block I made, yet both are labeled intermediate. I wouldn't agree, but then, I didn't write the book/software... Although the pieces are not small, there are several set-in seams (also known as Y-seams) that take a little time to handle correctly. Mine are far from perfect, but I'm pleased with the results. I usually try to avoid set-in seams if at all possible. (see my post about this block).

Apparently, the buffalo tree hopper does exist in Pennsylvania. I made the block before I looked up what a buffalo tree hopper is; I should have reversed the colors on this one...
P.S. Sorry about the pun in the title...

No comments: