Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Did You Miss Me?


My Dear Jane, were you feeling ignored this month?

It's been almost four weeks since I last posted a photo of a finished DJ block. Too much was going on in June around here. Things have settled down a bit, but I suspect there will be other projects that will delay things once in a while yet again. As a matter of fact, there are two quilts waiting to be quilted on my HQ16, both of which have a short deadline. And I need to make a couple of fabric postcards...and a pillowcase...and a bag...and...

Anyway, this is "I-4, Stability", an intermediate-level block that I paper pieced and then used the raw-edge machine buttonhole-stitch to applique the center. Not perfect, but it will do.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Anya I hadn't worked on my Dear Jane very much for the past several months either and finally got back to work on it. Something about it always draws us back to it doesn't it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

Another beauty to join up with the others :>)! Anya you are doing an awesome job with these blocks, each one is a beauty and will be gorgeous in that DJ Quilt! We will cheer you on as you mix in other projects! You are almost at the end of week two...and only 4 to go..Nick will soon be back raiding the *frig*!

Vivian said...

This is a lovely DJ block, Anya. The same thing has happened with my beloved Dear Jane. Other things come first. Deadlines have to be met. DJ stays on a shelf.
I'm anxious to get back to mine, and seeing your vibrant block might be the jump-start I need.
I put mine aside because I was spending so much time making my blocks, and as much as I enjoyed the process, I had no finished quilt to show for all that time involved.
I need an attitude adjustment. I need to just be satisfied again with the fun of making them and be satisfied with a growing pile of blocks.