Monday, July 13, 2009

Enjoy the Sunshine While You Can

The weather on Saturday morning was nice enough for me to spend a couple of hours sewing on the back deck...the clouds moved in shortly after lunch and before we knew it, we had another half inch of rain in the gauge!

I use my Janome Gem Platinum 720 specifically for sewing sessions like this. It's light and portable and does pretty much everything that I want to do when I travel to sew. All I did on Saturday was sew rows of blocks together, so I didn't need to bring out too many supplies from the sewing studio.

7 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Anya,
What a great spot to sew! It never occurred to me to take my machine out on the deck....interesting....I may have to try that someday soon.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh wow....why was I not invited? That back porch looks heavenly. I'm buying a lottery ticket this week....I never wanted to have a lot of money....but I've changed my mind. I want my husband to retire at 55 so we can move to PA so I can enjoy my life in the beautiful hills and mountains.

Smiles,
Kelly

Karen said...

Isn't that a great idea. Now that's a room with a view.

Susan said...

I'm glad that you could get some stitching in before the skies opened up again! You sure do have some pretty blocks spread out on the bench...I'm anxious to see what this turns into!

Unknown said...

Yes, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts for sure. It's been such a cold summer for us here at the cottage and like you I love to be surrounded by nature.
Look forward to seeing the blocks you put together in the sunshine.
It was so cold yesterday that my little bidens in the hanging pots didn't even open! Global warming...yeah really. More like Arctic freeze...

Trish said...

Wow, that looks like such a great place to sew! Sew peaceful.. pardon the pun.

Gayle said...

Sewing outside...that's a wonderful idea. Hmmm, now to figure out where to set my machine. :-)