I've been seeing a lot of Bento Box quilts on blogs lately and have wanted to make one for a while now. Most of the ones I've seen have strips that match at the seams, but I decided to try a variation using different widths of strips.
I made 4 large blocks (18 1/2 inches) and cut them up into 4 smaller blocks each (just like the disappearing 9-patch method) and then mixed them around on my design wall.
I then tilted my camera 45 degrees to see what these blocks would look like set on point.
I will make another 8 blocks, which should make a nice-sized throw. And since this is made using fabric that was donated to my guild, the finished quilt will become a charity quilt.
I'm not sure if I like the look of the various-sized strips...I think the next one I try will have strips that match at the seams. Just to make things easier on the eyes...
23 minutes ago