Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Is The Matter With Me?

Sometimes I really wonder about my state of mind.



What in the world makes me take perfectly good cuts of fabric and cut them into pieces to make nice blocks like this...


...and then cut them into smaller pieces....





...just to sew them back together again?





I've been playing around with different settings for my Bento Box blocks (try saying that three times fast!), and can't quite decide on the final layout.



I like on-point settings, but I don't like these well enough to take the time to make the setting triangles (remember, I am making this "just because"). There was a third on-point setting on yesterday's blog post.

Today I am leaning toward the square setting like the photo with the six blocks.

No wonder my family questions my sanity once in a while...


6 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmmm..... tough choice. I actually like them all. But if I had to pick, I think the last photo is the layout I like best by just a little bit.

Susan said...

Oh fun...look at all the options! I know it makes you dizzy, but I think I like the last setting best.

Heather said...

I like the final setting best.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how much energy the varying widths gives to the reconstructed blocks!

I like the setting on point myself.

rainey

Kim D. said...

What a beautiful Quilt!! It's worth cutting all those pieces up. I like the last layout. The quilt has such movement.

Gayle said...

I love this post...now I can't wait to play along! :-)