Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Awesome, Simply Awesome


That's the only way I can describe what I saw yesterday.

At my DJ group meeting, there were 5 quilts in various stages of progress. All done in different fabrics, but all beautiful to behold. The photo of course doesn't do them justice.

Our group now has a Dear Jane goddess in our midst -- my neighbor Angie has finished hers (machine-pieced/hand-appliqued and hand-quilted). It's the one in the upper left of the photo. Nancy has finished her center (the 30s fabrics on the floor -- machine-pieced and hand-appliqued) and we have convinced her that she must add the triangles as well. Rita hand-pieced some 6-inch blocks and chose to set them on point with alternating squares of an off-white fabric. She is now in the process of hand quilting it (it's the one on the rocker in the upper right). The table on the left holds portions of two other quilts -- Dori is making a small wallhanging with some of her blocks (you can see a couple of rows of it on the upper right of the table), and I am working on the batiks that you see arranged in an L-shape on the table.

You should be able to click on the photo for a larger view.

Aren't we just an awesome group of quilters?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are all just totally awesome!!

Betsy said...

Anya, they look fabulous already.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow so many in the same room - and all so different considering they are the same pattern.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

grendelskin said...

Wow! They are all so beautiful! Thank you for the eye candy - it's made my morning.

Susan said...

Boohoo! I really miss the Laurel Jane meetings and being able to see everyone's progress in person! I'm going to have to bug Dori about planning another mini retreat!

Unknown said...

My goodness, they are truly beautiful, and as Karen said, the same, but different ....and you saw them in person..

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yes, you are a totaling awesome group of quilters!!

Diana LaMarre said...

You are all awesome indeed! I enjoyed seeing all the different takes on the same patterns.

Dena said...

Wow! Very impressive.

Barb said...

Oh boy, those are very pretty, and so unique with the variety of fabrics used. Thank you for sharing with us!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

That's what I love about quilting; pick a pattern and everyone chooses their own colours and the finished result is WOW! and they all look different. I've wanted to do a DJ for years, ever since the book came out in the mid 90's. I finally bought the CD Rom this spring. I haven't totally decided on what fabrics I want to use, although I've got a couple of ideas...

Love all the DJs! Thanks for sharing!

JoAnne said...

Congrats to the new Goddess from another Goddess. Those quilts are all gorgeous - but I never saw a Jane I didn't like. I'm working on my second one - more insanity. JoAnne in Keller, TX

Karen said...

Yes, very awesome!!!!

K said...

I would love to know what fabrics were used on the first one you describe (on the couch)? Beautiful!