Thursday, August 6, 2009

Great Day

Yesterday, my friend Susan and I made a trip down to Verna's Fabrics in Mifflinburg, PA and to the farmers' market in Lewisburg. I was so overwhelmed by all the wonderful fresh produce and baked goods at the market that I forgot to take pictures. My bags were filled with peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries, cantaloupe, tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepppers, brussels sprouts, green leaf lettuce, and apple cinnamon sticky buns. Oh yes, and some garlic and onion smoked sausage.

I didn't go overboard at Verna's. I only bought what I needed...a red and a blue to go with some other primary-color fabrics for a kid's quilt and a white (you can't see the dots on it) from the $3/yard table for a backing. And Verna threw in an anniversary cup.

You can read about a similar trip here.


Oh yes, and by the way....college boy is home!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip, but I bet your highlight of the week is to have College Boy home???

Dena said...

Looks like you and Susan hit the jackpot at the fabric store and farmer's market.

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip to my area yesterday :>)! Welcome home to your college boy...now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Hunter said...

What a cutie. He looks -so- young and so happy.

Thanks for the smile.

Darilyn