Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Side of the Rainbow

About a week ago, Karen Griska posted a photo of her neighborhood and asked her readers to send her photos of theirs. I thought that was a great idea.

So here is what I see out by back door. It's actually taken on the deck where I often sew when the weather is lovely (hey-- we've had 5 days in a row this week with NO RAIN -- I think that's a record this summer). Our property line is just behind the row of small evergreens in the background. The fence allows us to keep our sheltie from wandering too far away. You can't see them, but we have woods on both sides to the left and right and a bit in front of the house. Altogether, we have about 4.5 wonderful acres.

The fabric rainbow you see on the grass is the result of a wonderful day of hand-dyeing with some of my quilting friends...I'm afraid we're getting obsessed with this...see this post about our project last month...

If you haven't seen Karen's Selvage Blog, you must spend a few minutes checking out all the inspiring projects on there.

So, what's in your neighborhood?

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Anya, what a beautiful view you have from your back yard. A delight and inspiration.

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful view! And those hand dyed fabrics just make it a little brighter. I know what you mean by less rain. I think this week was a record breaker for us too. Less rain than all summer long.

Selvage Quilter said...

What a beautiful backyard! Especially with those hand-dyed fabrics spread out! Such a private spot, and I bet it's wonderful in all seasons. I enjoy visiting so many quilter's homes this way.

Barb said...

Very pretty...your fabrics AND your back yard! Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You certainly have a beautiful view in your back yard. The dyed fabrics look awesome too.

Shelly said...

Living in Taiwan, I can't imagine what it's like to have a 4.5 acre homestead! Life must be wonderful. ^^