Thursday, August 13, 2009

You Could Be A Winner!


A few of my Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild friends and I spent several hours yesterday making up some jelly rolls, layer cakes, and charm packs to be used as door prizes at a tea that our guild is having in September. The fabrics that we used were from our guild's stash of donated fabrics. This photo shows you the pretty results. Hard to believe that there are about 14 yards of fabric in this picture! And we still have bins and bins of fabric left.

If you are anywhere near Wellsboro, PA on Saturday September 12th from 2-4 PM, you are welcome to join us for the tea. It's at the First Presbyterian Church on Main Street next to the Green Free Library and Gmeiner Art and Cultural Center. There will be quilts on display, refreshments, and of course, door prizes. Please bring your quilting friends and if your guild would like to make a group trip, send me an email and perhaps we could talk you into bringing some of your quilts for a "show and tell". Admission is free. Who knows, you might go home with one of these pretty bundles...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I lived closer, it sounds like a lot of fun!

SewCalGal said...

Your tea sounds like it would be fun. I wish I lived closer and could come.

Do you have any tips on how to make jelly rolls? Yours come out so much neater than those that I've made. Yours actually look professionally made, mine looked like the jelly was oozing out!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Hunter said...

Great rolls. They look so neat and tidy.

:)

Darilyn