Friday, August 20, 2010

Another One To Show Off

Aren't deadlines wonderful? They certainly help me finish my quilts...

This one is made from 13 fat quarters that I bought at the Quilters' Heritage Celebration in Lancaster, PA in spring 2008. I made the blocks in the spring of 2009 and finally put the top together about six months ago. It hung around for a while in my quilting studio until I decided that I wanted to enter it in my guild's upcoming exhibit this September. So I loaded it on my HQ16 a couple of weeks ago and free-handed some wavy lines.

I used most of the leftover fabric to make the back a bit more interesting...


Here's a closeup of the quilting. I used one of the Rainbows Threads from Superior....I love, love, love that thread line.


And here's a closeup of the back...

The pattern is my own version of a quilt that I saw on Oh Fransson!'s blog a long time ago. It was fairly easy to figure out how to make the blocks.

You should be able to click on the photos if you want to see a larger view...

11 comments:

Heather said...

That looks so fresh with the white/light sashing. Love the fabrics in the closeup.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful quilt!! You did a fantastic job quilting it and I am in total agreement about Superior Rainbows. I use tons of that thread!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it - I have thought to use up more of my scraps by making quilts using pieces like the one in your photo or some others that I have seen. Nothing complicated but easy and colorful.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Vicki W said...

That's a really pretty quilt! I also am a fan of Rainbows. I wish I could buy a cone of every color!

Rene' said...

Anya, I love that you showed closeups of your quilting. Those are great wavy lines on the square blocks. I really like the colorful quilt blocks against the white sashing and the great pieced back too.

Wacky Woman said...

Very nice. Love the fresh look of the white as the background.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Since I won't be at the show I appreciate you sharing yours here. I really like it a lot. Great job. I know of the pattern because I have admired that one several times myself.

Smiles,
Kelly

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You did a fabulous job on this quilt Anya! The quilting goes so well with the design. It will be a show hit!

Unknown said...

the colours are so bright and happy. I think I have one or two from that sparkly dots line. very cute.

Shannon said...

This is beautiful! Love those fabrics!

Sandra said...

Very nice indeed!