Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Project To Add To The List

I made this quilt for my aunt back in the spring of 2001 when I was still quite a novice at quilting. It was just my attempt to make a scrap quilt using up some really ugly fabrics in my very small stash. The photo is awful -- it was taken with one of my very primitive digital cameras -- the quilt has quite a bit more color than you can see. The triangles are actually green. My aunt has used this quilt quite a bit and it's now time for it to be replaced, as you can tell by these photos.


I plan to make her another scrappy quilt; I think I've learned a thing or two over the last nine years of quilting, so this time I plan to make it a bit more appealing to the eye...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

For a novice quilt, it really is quite nice. But over the years isn't it neat to see how our style and tastes change?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm amazed that the quilt wore out so quickly - that is only 9 years old and it looks like it has had the wear and tear that a quilt I made has that is now 22 years old! Looks like your aunt loved it to death LOL
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/