Friday, September 9, 2011

A Quilter's Best Friend


This is what happens when you spend a sewing day stitching and b****hing.

I was working steadily on sewing some blocks together, but once I got to the ironing board to press them, I discovered that out of 17 blocks, 14 were sewn incorrectly!. That meant that I had to spend a lot of time at home with a quilter's best friend, the handy-dandy seam ripper. Thank goodness for Netflix!

These are the blocks that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago....The ones I worked on that day turned out fine...but then, I don't remember b****ing that day, just stitching!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Umm...sorry! ;o)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh I'm with you Anya...and MJ and I always say it isn't done until it has been done twice...at least...for me it is many more times than that.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next guild meeting :)

Kelly

Mary said...

Can I ever relate! I've been working on 68 border blocks for a Civil War Chronicles Quilt. I was about to stop work for the weekend proud to be just short of the half-way mark and discovered two that had portions reversed...in a center row, of course. So you're in good company.

Barb said...

Oh Anya, your post made me smile, but definently not laughing, BECAUSE, I know what you mean! Ughhh for the opps...but grateful for your "Quilters Best Friend"...have a great week!