Monday, March 26, 2012

A Quilter's Definition of Heaven

On my way home from the AQS show in Lancaster earlier this month, I was lucky enough to spend a little time at a new-to-me fabric shop. 


The first thing you see is sale fabric outside....


 ...then more sale fabric in a trailer....


...and then you step inside to see more fabric....


...and more fabric....


...and still more fabric....


No, this following photo is not sideways...the fabric along one wall is stored on a clever hanging system where the bolts slide off and on very easily. You can see it a bit in a couple of the photos above.


Even though a busload of quilters had just arrived when I did, there was plenty of room for me to look around and the shop was fully staffed, so there were no dreadful lines at the cutting counters or checkout.

I was drunk on fabric when I saw this place, but it wasn't any fun being drunk by myself. I really wished some of my quilting girlfriends were there with me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have loved to have been there with you!! Missed going to Lancaster this year!

Kathy P said...

Bet it took hours to unload your car when you got home! :)

Pat Merkle said...

I only have one word - WOW! Where was this shop?

Susan said...

Maybe we need to plan another quilty friends shopping trip to Lancaster! ;o)

Linda H said...

And the location of this shop is where?? Looks like one I'd love to visit...

Erin said...

I am lucky to live about 10 minutes from this store - it definitely is a treasure! I could easily spend a lot of time (and money) on all the varieties of fabric there! I like going there, as well as to Burkholder's near the Turnpike on 897 in Cocalico.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I would love to be your friend and help you shop in the store. I've never seen anything like this before. I wonder how many bolts of fabric they have.