Monday, April 2, 2012

Moosewood (And More) Monday


A few of my quilting friends and I took advantage of a sale at a sort-of-LQS (75 miles away) this past weekend and we had the bestest day ever (well, OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but I think we all agreed that we had a grand time).

Our day was spent in Ithaca, NY with stops at Quilters Corner (the shop with the sale), Sew Green (I've blogged about that place before and I'll have another post about our most recent visit soon), Joann's (nope, it's not closed like we all thought), Knitting Etc (I've almost succumbed to another fiber addiction), the GreenStar Co-op Natural Foods Market (if I lived closer, I'd definitely be a member), and our favorite grocery chain, Wegmans (my gosh, I could live in the Ithaca Wegmans). Whew!

I came home with the goodies you see in the photo (you can click on it for a larger view). Fabrics for a Dr. Seuss quilt, patterns for a fun bird-themed quilt, and a FQ bundle of Kaffe Fassett fabric, all packed up in a bright orange bag. I've been drooling over Kaffe's fabrics for several years now and finally gave myself permission to add some to my stash. Even if I don't use them soon, they will serve a purpose brightening up my quilting studio.

And in the middle of all that, we had lunch at our favorite Ithaca eatery, the Moosewood Restaurant. Here's the yummy stuff we had for lunch (clockwise from upper right) -- Tunisian Vegetable Stew over couscous, Spicy Black Bean Cake and Mango Salsa with sweet potatoes on the side, a California Pita Sandwich (with delish Creamy Vegetable Chowder that didn't make it into the photo), and Pizza Rustica with a side of green beans. As always, the Moosewood did not disappoint.


Thanks for all my friends who came along...I had a great time and am already planning our next fabric field trip!

3 comments:

Quiltbug said...

After reading this I am ready to move to Ithaca from Canada. Just the thought of quilt shops, Wegmans!!! and Moosewood in one spot has me salivating

Susan said...

If it wasn't the bestest day ever, it was darn close! It was a wonderful trip and I too am already looking forward to our next fiber adventure!

Jean said...

Looks like a great time with friends. Nice you managed to find a few goodies too!