Friday, April 13, 2012

Rescued For ReUse (photo-heavy post)

One of the many reasons that I love to visit Ithaca, NY is this wonderful place filled with fabric and yarn and all sorts of fiber-related goodies, all of which have been "Rescued for ReUse" by the people who run the SewGreen Store.


This is basically a thrift store that specializes in fiber. Items here have been donated by quilters/knitters/seamstresses/tailors/etc, who have cleaned out their fiber stash and donated unwanted items to the store for re-sale. The money that is raised is used to give back to the community with sewing classes, job training, and consumer education. You can read a lot more about the store and its mission on its website.




I love their slogan...

I found a great deal on some Creative Grids rulers...

And a few other goodies... 

You never know what you'll find in SewGreen..the inventory is constantly changing.

I love their philosophy and I love the prices. Stop in if you're ever in the Ithaca area.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great little store! Perfect for quilters!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a great idea! I wish we had that here!
Karen

Teresa in Music City said...

What a treasure!!! Sure wish we had something like that here. Of course, I'd buy it out all the time, and what I didn't buy, my friends would, so they'd have a hard time keeping inventory! :*)

Gill said...

What a fantastic idea! I wish we had one in the UK!!