Monday, December 28, 2015

Last Finish in 2015

Many years ago, I bought a couple of quilt kits at the old Lancaster quilt show, thinking I would one day make the applique quilt patterns that came with the fabric (gorgeous hand-dyes, maybe even snow-dyed). I quickly discovered that applique quilts are just not something that I like to make, so the kits just sat around in my stash.


A few years ago, I decided to give the patterns away, but keep the fabric. I made a quilt for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law using some of the fabrics (you can see it here), and then recently made this one from the fabrics that were left.

Here's a closeup of the quilting...


My husband said that it looks quite luxurious (and I agree), so for now, it's found a home on our sofa until I decide if I want to give it away.


The pattern is Fat Quarter Fizz, available free at the Fat Quarter Shop website (click here for the link). It goes together very quickly, with almost no seams to match.

No comments: