Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ready for the Cold

I've been having great fun practicing quilting on my HQ16 by making these cozy fleece throws. This first one is for my son (in his 2 favorite colors) -- I used 2 1/2 yards of anti-pill fleece on each side. That made it long enough for him to use either as a throw or on his bed (he's almost 6 feet tall). The fleece is not cheap at regular price, but I bought it in March for 50 % off at Joann's. This one is for me -- I guess pink must be my favorite color; I just realized that these two shades were the shades of my bridesmaids' dresses 19 years ago. I didn't want a very large throw, so I just used 2 yards of fleece for each side.
I am quite pleased with these, especially the pink one; I had never tried dragonflies before...
There is another picture on this post of a green throw I made several months ago.
For those who have mid-arm quilting systems, these are a great way to practice. The quilting shows off well and you get a cozy throw as a result.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Our weather in PA certainly does encourage us to think about warm throws and blankets! Good job on your "fleece" throws!

By the way I clicked on your DJ Block Album and WOW I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful blocks, thanks for sharing the opportunity!

Val said...

I love these. I only have a regular sewing machine but would love to try this. Thanks for sharing.