Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kids' Quilts



There are 10 young children (ages 6 months to 8 years) on my husband's side of the family and I made them all baby quilts when they were born. They live hundreds of miles away (but in the same general area) and we usually get to see them only once a year around Thanksgiving. Last year I made 9 kids' quilts for all of them, so this year I had to made a 10th one for the newest family member. She got her own baby quilt just a few months ago, but I don't want her to grow up asking "why do all my brothers and sisters and cousins have a baby and kid quilt, but I only have a baby quilt?".

This is the result. The other 9 can be seen here on Webshots. They are all the same pattern, using various novelty fabrics and a different sashing/border fabric and backing for each one. I used a different quilting pattern for each one, too.

This year, all 10 kids are getting Christmas pillowcases (which took a lot less time to make than the 10 quilts)!

No comments: