Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm In Need Of An Intervention


Instead of working on more DJ blocks, this is what I've been busy doing...I made a Sassy Bag (by Lazy Girl Designs) that I will use when I go to the Quilters' Heritage Celebration show down in Lancaster in 2 weeks. The bag is the perfect size for carrying just the few things that I need while keeping my hands free (to fondle fabric at the show).

My current addiction is to selvages, so I used them for the front flap, the handle and the back pocket. You may be able to see some of the detail on the selvages if you click on the pictures...the handle has a selvage from some fabric that I bought at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in 2007 (especially designed for the 2006 show by Valori Wells) and the diagonal piece on the front is from a fabric line called Under the Influence of Fabric. I bought several fat quarters in that line at the Lancaster show a number of years ago and just recently discovered what was on the selvage!

While on the subject of selvages, here is a postcard that I made for another friend who had a birthday earlier this week.

My name is Anya and I am addicted to selvages...I suppose admitting that is the first step on the road to recovery...
And I guess the next step is asking my friends to stop supplying me with selvages, but I'm not strong enough for that step yet...I'm an addict who can't quite keep away from her dealers...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You are certainly not in need of any intervention! I love it all. Your use of selvages is great and thrifty to boot. Keep on keeping on!

Missy Wertz said...

Cool bags!

SandyQuilts said...

Too cute.

You might want to visit
www.selvageblog.blogspot.com
and tell her about your projects

Jocelyn said...

Really, really cool bag. Hey if you want to share some of your selvages you can send them my way :-) I have been trying to save enough to make one project!!! Thanks for sharing your pretty new bag.

Jocelyn

http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

What an absolutely darling bag, Anya. I found you through Quilter's blogs and had to post as soon as I saw something made from selvages. Oh, how cute!!

You did yourself proud!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Susan said...

Your bag turned out great! I like the idea of having a small bag along to keep your hands free for fondling fabric at the show. Good thinking!

Hunter said...

What a great and cheerful bag. And the birthday card is so pretty.

Darilyn

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Neat bags - I think the problem all of us dear jane gals have is that there are so many other quilts or projects to work on that we can't (or won't) devote all of our time to Dear Jane -- so it takes us forever to finish them! Right now I am averaging one DJ a week.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Anya, I look at the Dear Jane quilting projects and think of them as a life work in project! I know I don't have enough life left to do one of those.
Then somebody started saving salvages and put them together! Good lord, now I must save salvages? It's beyond what I do, but think you really really don't have a problem!

Barb said...

Anya you have once again created an adorable project...very cute! You sure do know how to create with fabric, even the selvages become special in your hands! Thank you for sharing your clever ideas!

Deb said...

Hi Anya,
I can see that you are addicted to selvages and that you have indeed passed this addiction on to Susan, who is soooo easily lead. Thats it a 12 step programme for you both.
ENJOY.

Kathi's Kreations said...

Hi Anya,

I also am addicted to selvages! Some of my things have appeared on Karen's blog. Check them out. Love your postcards and other selvage projects.

Kathi Price
http://kathiskreations.blogspot.com/

Gayle said...

Oh, I love this bag. I have a small collection of selvages...not an addiction...yet:-).

Diane Barfield said...

You have given me some ideas on the small stash of salvages I have. Can't wait to get started.
Diane