Saturday, September 5, 2009

Group Effort

This is a Project Linus quilt recently made by several of my guild members out of fabric and batting that had been donated to our stash. One member pieced the strips, I quilted it, and another brave member attached the binding. I took this picture before the binding was attached.

Sometimes we have to work with what we have. There wasn't much of the light blue fabric that was used for the narrow border (and we're not sure that it's 100 % cotton) and the batting was a real poufy poly batting. I hated quilting with it, but in some ways, I like the final effect. It made the quilting stand out nicely on the front -- it almost makes the strips of fabric look like they were curved pieces.

The problem with having such a narrow border and such a poufy batting was that it made the narrow border quite ruffly. I was glad when a guild member volunteered to deal with the binding. The final result worked out just fine and I'm sure some child somewhere will love it no matter what. That makes us all feel good.


5 comments:

Jackie said...

It looks great! I don't like pouffy batting at all. It may be just me, but I find it very had to work with and not so user friendly.

Barb said...

Anya there is no doubt in my mind ANY child will be delighted with the quilt, I like it puffy...great job on the part of your group!

By the way, in regards to your previous post...my coworker in the office did a camping trip a few weeks ago to your area and biked that same trail you are showing...she said it was beautiful and you show that it is!!

Tracy said...

I love that, how the quilting changes the whole look of the quilt! When I first saw the picture I wondered how you pieced that together...awesome!

Susan said...

I think it turned out great! I know there is a child somewhere who is going to love it!

Karen said...

Wonderful quilt! A great group effort.