Monday, August 30, 2010

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

My entries for the guild exhibit have been delivered and hopefully all will be hung for the show. Our exhibit is held in a small art gallery and space is limited, so we only guarantee that one piece per entrant will be displayed in all its glory. Once all the first-choice pieces are hung, then all other entries are given a chance to be displayed as well. Sometimes that means being folded up and hung on a small quilt rack or draped over a rocking chair, etc. But we almost always find room...only a handful of pieces have ever been returned for lack of space in the gallery.

To get a glimpse of what our exhibits look like, visit the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild's website and view the slideshow of our 2008 exhibit on the bottom of the main page. If you can't view it on the website (I think those of you who have Macs might have issues), try this link directly to YouTube.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure that your quilts will be hung just beautifully!! Thank you for the link for the slideshow. What a talented group of quilters. Just beautiful! By the way, the link on the website worked fine for me... I am a Mac.

Karen said...

I am so looking forward to your quilt exhibit! Am trying to get a group together to come! Can't wait!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I wish I were coming....those quilts look great. Please take lots of photos so I'll feel like I got to come too.
Smiles,
Kelly

Millie said...

Love all 3 of your quilts...great use of color with a crsip white background.