Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reason To Celebrate


This is "TR-7, Norway's Fjord", an advanced-level triangle which I initially thought I'd paper piece. The software wasn't any help, so that meant I would have to draft my own pattern. Possible, but time-consuming. So I decided to use the method I explained in a post from mid-2009 and just cut out the dark fabric as one piece and then used the raw-edge machine-buttonhole stitch method to attach it to the light background. Thanks to some creative stitching, it looks like there are many pieces rather than just one.

This now completes the top row of triangles. Time to move on to the last two of the bottom row.
P.S. Oops, I just realized that I forgot some stitching in a couple of the upper pieces. I need to add that to make the pieces look like they are separated.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are just about done! you will be glad to finish.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you improvise to make it work for you and it looks fantastic!! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Vivian said...

Well done! Your method works so well! Your triangles and all the center blocks where you used this method -- I love em.