These were tumbler blocks that I cut out many months ago using my AccuCut Go Cutter. (Yikes, I just checked my blog archives and realized that I had finished the top back in September of last year and had promised a photo of the completed top). I talked about the fabric that I used in this post from more than a year ago. A few other fabrics were from an exchange with my friend Susan who had also acquired a collection of vintage sheets.
The delay in showing a photo of the top has to do with getting a decent shot without all of the white areas being washed out.
Anyway, I finally got around to finishing the entire quilt, so here it is, bad lighting and all.
And the back... (The back was a test to see how close I could come to centering a backing on my HQ16. Close, but not quite, as you can tell by the uneven sides of the bright fuchsia.)
Here's a closeup of the free-motion flowers I quilted...
And finally, a prettier shot...
This quilt now has a permanent home in the back of my van to be used as a picnic and beach quilt. Since it's made with repurposed vintage sheets from the thrift store and since I still have oodles of the fabric left, I don't really mind if it gets stained and worn. I'll just make another one without having to buy more fabric!